Tata Nano On Fire
Tata Nano caught fire again minutes after it was delivered to a customer in Mumbai. this is the fourth case of the propensity to catch fire for the Indian budget car that made entry a year ago.
Earlier, three such cases of fires were reported and all while the cars were parked. And this time also, the buyer Satish Sawant suffered a major blow to his favourite car when he parked the Nano after taking a drive home. The first incident of fire was reported in last September.
“I have no idea what happened,” Sawant told the reporters.
“A motorcycle rider overtook me and told me that the vehicle was on fire,” he says.
According to reports, the first three incidents were the result of a faulty switch placed near the steering wheel. But, Tata Motors has already fixed the problem.
A Tata spokesperson says that they will be launching an investigation into the recent Nano incident.
The spokesperson for Tata Motors says, "This is a unique case. We are trying to figure out what went wrong."
According to sources, Tata may be the next in the ‘recall saga’ after the Toyota fiasco when the Japanese automaker recalled almost nine million cars worldwide due to its faulty pedals.