68th Golden Globe Awards: Natalie Portman & Colin Firth Win Best Actress And Best Actor Award
The Golden Globe awards event that took place on January 16, 2011 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, was much awaited by the stars. The night witnessed red carpet glamour and glitz as everyone was dressed in their best.
Apart from all the designer stuff the stars were looking forward to know the names of the winners.
David Fincher’s The Social Network was the winner of the night as it clinched Best Motion Picture, Drama and the Best Director trophy. Meanwhile, In a Better World (Denmark) was named the Best Foreign Language film.
Actress Natalie Portman took home the Best Actress award for her outstanding performance in Black Swan and Colin Firth won the Best Actor for The King’s Speech.
The complete list of winners:
- Best Picture, Drama: The Social Network
- Best Picture, Comedy or Musical: The Kids Are All Right
- Best Director: David Fincher, The Social Network
- Best Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network
- Best Actor, Drama: Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
- Best Actor, Comedy or Musical; Paul Giamatti, Barney’s Version
- Best Actress, Drama: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
- Best Actress, Comedy or Musical: Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
- Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo, The Fighter
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale, The Fighter
- Best Animated Film: Toy Story 3
- Best Foreign-Language Film: In A Better World (Denmark)
- Best Original Score: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, The Social Network
- Best Original Song: “You Haven’t Seen The Last of Me,” Burlesque