64th Annual Tony Awards
The night of 64th Annual Tony Awards maybe was not as grand as Oscars but it marked the presence of top Hollywood celebrities like, Scarlett Johansson, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Denzel Washington, Daniel Radcliffe and Katie Holmes.
The stars of the night were Scarlett Johansson, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Denzel Washington who scored the top honors at this year's Tony Awards.
Johansson won the best actress for Arthur Miller's ‘A View From a Bridge’.
Scarlett Johansson quoted, "Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be on Broadway and here I am.”
While, Zeta-Jones won the best actress award for her outstanding performance in musical ‘A Little Night Music".
Denzel Washington and his ‘Fences’ co-star Viola Davis won for best actors in a play.
Washington said after accepting his award, "My mother always says: 'Man gives the award, God gives the reward'. I guess I got both tonight.”
List of winners of Tony Awards:
• Best Musical: Memphis
• Best Play: Red
• Best Musical Revival: La Cage aux Folles
• Best Play Revival: Fences
• Best Featured Actress in a Play: Scarlett Johansson, A View From the Bridge
• Best Featured Actor in a Play: Eddie Redmayne, Red
• Best Actress in a Play: Viola Davis, Fences
• Best Actor in a Play: Denzel Washington, Fences
• Best Actress in a Musical: Catherine Zeta-Jones, A Little Night Music
• Best Actor in a Musical: Douglas Hodge, La Cage aux Folles
• Best Featured Actress in a Musical: Katie Finneran, Promises, Promises
• Best Featured Actor in a Musical: Levi Kreis, Million Dollar Quartet
• Best Choreography: Bill T. Jones, Fela!
• Best Direction of a Play: Michael Grandage, Red
• Best Direction of a Musical: Terry Johnson, La Cage aux Folles
• Best Book: Memphis
• Best Orchestrations: Memphis
• Best Original Score: Memphis
• Best Scenic Design: Red
• Best Lighting Design: Red
• Best Sound Design: Red
• Best Scenic Design of a Musical: American Idiot
• Best Lighting Design of a Musical: American Idiot
• Best Sound Design of a Musical: Fela!
• Best Costume Design of a Musical: Fela!
• Best Costume Design of a Play: The Royal Family
• Honorary Award: Angela Lansbury, American Theater Wing's Honorary Chairman